

I made these noodles and then put them into homemade chicken soup. It was sooooo yummy! Don't just love comfort food! I guess I do. Glad I am prego during the winter :P
Homemade Egg Pasta
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbls water
2 tsp oil
2 eggs, beaten
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In small bowl, combine flour and salt; blend well. Make a well in center; add water, oil and eggs. Gradually work flour into liquid to form dough. On floured surface, knead until dough is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Wrap dough in plastic bag; let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
On floured surface, roll half of dough out as thin as possible into rectangle (about 18x15 inches). Sprinkle lightly with flour. Starting at shortest side, loosely fold dough over into thirds. Cut corsswise into 1/4 inch slices for fettuccine or 1/8 in slices for linguine. Unfold slices; if desired, cut into shorter lengths. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
Bring 12 cups water and 1 tbls salt to boil. Drop pasta into boiling water. After water returns to a boil, cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionaly; drain.
No comments:
Post a Comment