Friday, September 25, 2009

Off to Phoenix ~ Jillians first plane ride





























Well Bill had to go to Phoenix for training. Jillian and I decided to go see Papa! He left Monday AM and we followed him down the next AM. I was a little nervous traveling with Jillian for the first time....especially with out Bill. But Jillian did great! My Mom took us to the airport and got me settled and went home to get the other rug rats off to school. I went thru security and everyone was very helpful. When I was walking towards my gate...which was on the opposite end...a lady asked me if I needed help. She must of seen that scared, pitiful look on my face....lol We talked as we walked and she rolled my suitcase all the way to my gate. I said thank you and she walked back to her gate! I sat down next to another lady and she offered to watch my bags while I checked in. They weren't giving out seats for standby yet....yes we flew standby....scary huh?! Finally after most had boarded they called us and we got seats. The same lady that watched our bags rolled my suitcase down the corridor to the plane. I was happy that I was in row 4 because it was close to the front. However...we were in the bulkhead...which means you can't put anything under the seat. I put Jillian in the middle seat in her car seat and I sat in the window. An older gentleman sat next to us. He must of been a saint! He was so sweet to Jillian. She pulled almost every hair out of his arm! On take off and descent I nursed Jillian. It bothered her ears a bit, but she did great! We got to Phoenix and waited for the shuttle to pick us up. I thought Jillian and I were going to suffocate. The fumes were horrible. The van came and took us to the hotel. Bill was there waiting for us in the lobby. We dropped the stuff off and decided to go see what Phoenix was all about. We walked down to the light rail and rode it until we saw something we wanted to see. We walked for a bit and then went to eat at Honey Bear's BBQ. It was delicious! I found their motto a little disturbing. It was "You don't need no teeth to eat our meat" LOL Jillian wanted to know why I wasn't giving her any! We each had a BBQ pork sandwich and I had some peach cobbler....mmmmm. We ended up going back on the train and rode it from one end to the other, just for the heck of it. When we got back to the hotel they had a happy hour of beer/wine and beef raviolis and salad. We ate again ;) and then went to the room. Bill worked the next day. We had breakfast and then Jillian and I hung out in the room. We stayed at the Residence Inn so we had a kitchenette. It was nice. Bill came home and we went out for a walk. Then we came back and they had a BBQ at the hotel. We had beer/wine, hamburger, hot dogs, salads, and baked beans. That evening we went down to the pool. Jillian want to swim so bad! Went back to the room and I went to bed. The next morning we got up, had breakfast and Jillian and I were on our way back to the airport. It was the same on the way home...everyone was so helpful! We sat in a row by ourselves tho and that was nice. I waited on the plane until almost everyone was off. People were walking by and saying "your baby is so cute and wow she was so good!" I guess we will keep her! My Mom picked us up at the airport and we went to lunch. I am glad we got to go, but I am happy to be home!

No comments: