Wednesday March 4th
I got out of bed about 10:00 am. I let Bill sleep until 12:00 pm. I fed the baby and pumped. Jacob was home sick. Trying to keep him from the baby is so hard, but needed. He says that when he gets better he wants to sit in his rocking chair and rock the baby to sleep...awww. Gwen still has a smile from ear to ear. She is so happy the baby is a girl! I gave the baby its first bath at home. She screamed a little, but not as bad as she did at the hospital. I just love the way she smells. I put a cute little onesie on her and white pants. We headed to our Dr's appointment. We had a few questions. One of them was about Jaundice...Jillian was looking a little yellow. The Doc sent us to the hospital for a blood test. Also I asked the dr. what I could take if I got this wonderful crud Jacob has and still breast feed. I can take the same things I took when I was prego. We asked more about PT with Jillians mouth. She said to continue with her exercises and that maybe Jillian is just uncoordinated and will learn. We also still needed to call the Elks to get Jillian for her hearing test. That is a lot of stuff in the first few days of this kids life! At the Dr's office she had lost a little bit of weight, but that is normal.They gave her a shot and sent us on our way to the hospital. At the hospital they took blood and a few minutes after we got home our Dr. called letting us know that Jillians Bilirubin was a 14.7---15 is a high as they want to see it! Since she probably hasn't hit her peak our Dr. ordered a Bili-blanket for Jillian to use. It is a bright blue glowing light that she wears up the back of her outfit. She is my little "Blue Light Special!" She is supposed to have it on at all times except when she is in the bath or getting a diaper change. When we got home from the hospital I laid down with my baby girl for a nap. Dad and Gwen cleaned and Jacob was told to relax hoping he gets to feel better. My nap was wonderful. I love having her close to me! Bill said aren't you worried you will roll over on top of her. Not at all. I don't move a bit when she is next to me. I know she isn't gonna stay small forever, so I am enjoying her as much as I can. Sometimes when I hold her...I just sit and cry...not cuz I am sad...I am just so happy! When I got up from my nap, dinner was on the table. My hubby has been so helpful. I am truly blessed. He is even better than I thought he was going to be. He gets up in the night with me and has been extremely helpful. My breast pumping is getting better all the time. It is amazing how little comes out at first!
No comments:
Post a Comment