Sunday, March 29, 2009

One hell of a week

OK....so I am trying to catch up on my blogging, but it is hard! I will try to soon tho



March 19th-27th



Went to Breast feeding bunch (support group for breast feeding) It is a very helpful group.. We usually sit in a circle and everyone goes around and says who they are, who their child is, how old, any issues you are having and anything new they have done since the last time you came. We support each other and the Lactation nurse helps us too. I was telling the group I was having issues with breast feeding, pumping and supplementing and Betsy (the lactation nurse) asked me why I was doing that to myself! It is very time consuming! Now mind you had already figured out this myself, but I was being stubborn! I felt like all I was doing was pumping, breast feeding and feeding. I switched this day to almost exclusive breast feeding...what a difference! Jillian slept better, I slept more and wasn't so freaking tired. She was getting fed every 4 hours instead of 2-3. This weekend I decided to have a Kahlua and cream tho. I took a few sips and felt the effect. Man I a light-weight! The Hubby felt it too, so maybe I made them too strong. I thought I was going to have to pump and dump, but you don't have to do that. Once you don't feel the effect it is out of your system. So I just gave her formula and then fed her later. Saturday we went and looked for a fridge ours went out! Plus had a funeral. It has been a rough week and 1/2! We missed a funeral for one of Bills co-workers cuz we didn't get up in time :( But we found a fridge. Yipppeee! Sunday Jillian spit up and there was flecks of blood in it. Of course being a first time Mom, I freaked! Bill wasn't as worried, but understood why I called the on call Dr. The Dr. said it was probably a fluke thing and if it continued call Dr. Monday to have Jillian seen. Well it didn't happen again until March 25th. I woke up in the am, fed Jillian for 20 mins. on the right side in bed. She had decided the left side wasn't good enough for her ( I started pumping that side) I sat up and was going to burp her and she spit up. This time there was quite a bit of blood. I freaked out and started crying. I was so worried. I called Bill, but he wasn't able to answer, then I called my Mom and she came right over. I guess she was pretty shook up because she grabbed the wrong purse....she didn't even have her drivers license. I called Jillians Dr's office and told the receptionist what was going on. She said she would get me a nurse and made an appointment for 2:30pm. There wasn't a nurse available, but she got the Dr. I had seen the day before ( My Dr was out of town) came on the phone and tried to calm me down and asked a few questions. So now all I had to do was wait until my appointment. It felt like forever! My mom got here and we left. When I got there the nurse and Dr I had seen the day before (I thought I had thrush, but she thought I had a Mastitis in my left breast) stopped in to say hello and to see what was going on. I love this Drs office. They are so nice and I love having a family Dr so they can treat us all. The Dr I saw today was a guy and was very nice also. Guess we are just trying to get to know all the Drs while our Dr is out of town! I joked that we needed an office in the back just to stay in until Jillian is older, so we don't have to drive there! I think knowing all the doctors is not a good thing...I think. So the doc came in and tested the blood to make sure it was blood and it tested positive. He figured it was but was making sure. He thinks Jillian has Acid reflux problem due to being very young and undeveloped. , plus I had taken Ibuprofen. It doesn't help that I am taking an antibiotic which could be giving her a tummy ache. He gave her a prescription and sent us on our way. Hopefully this time is it! Poor kid has been thru so much in a short period of time!

No comments: