
Ok...this next recipe I tried but not totally....sometimes I don't have all the ingredients, so you have to improvise. So mix it up some! It was delicious! Also this is for 2 batches...one to eat now and one to eat within 3 months! I have started doing something called Power Cooking and love it. It is also called OAMC- Once a month cooking. I don't cook for a whole month, but I cook for a whole week in a day. You just make large quantities of food in one day and put in ziploc bags. You pull the ziplocs out in the am and presto...you have a good meal quickly. If you have more questions about power cooking, let me know. I love it. I will have to start cooking prior to having the baby, so I won't have to cook every night! Sleep is more important! LOL Also...to those who have tried to make a comment and had difficulties...you should be able to know. Please do! I love to hear what you guys have to say!
Taco-Filled Pasta Shells
2 lbs ground beef
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, cubed
24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1/4 c butter or margarine, melted
Additional Ingredients (for each casserole)
1 c salsa
1 c taco sauce
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c shredded Monterrey jack or mozzarella
1-1 1/2 c crushed tortilla chips
1 c sour cream
3 green onions chopped
In a skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until melted. Transfer to a bowl; chill for 1 hour. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with butter. Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons meat mixture.
Place 12 shells in a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To prepare remaining shells, spoon salsa into greased 9 inch square baking dish. Top with stuff shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and onions.
** to use frozen shells; Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours ( shells will be partially frozen) Remove from dish. Add salsa to dish; top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover; continue as above. (6 servings)
No comments:
Post a Comment