I called my Nurse Friday AM.....she wanted me to go to Labor and Delivery. I was like WHAT? I guess with the bleeding and hardened belly she wanted me to have more tests. I got on the phone and Bill left work. My Mom was on standby if Bill couldn't leave. I drove myself to the hospital, but realized I didn't know where to go and you know how it is when you are a nervous! I got to Labor and Delivery and was checking in. The girl behind me was due in a week and had fallen up the stairs on her belly. YIKES! Glad that wasn't me! Bill got to the hospital when I was getting undressed and getting ready for the fetal monitoring. He helped fill out the paperwork and they strapped me in. The babies heart beat again was great, but they were showing me having contractions. Now I wasn't feeling them much, but I did one good one and told Bill I wanted and EPIDURAL as a joke! LOL Gotta keep your humor :) They spoke to my Dr. and decided to give me a shot to slow down the contractions. They gave me one and then another a little later. Then they decided to let me go home with a prescription to do the same as the shot. I took a pill right before I left the hospital and then again every 4 hours. I am now home this weekend doing nothing, but relaxing. Which is kind of funny because the side effects of the pill are jitteriness,
increased heart rate, and tremors. It is fun fun....I feel like I have drank a case of JOLT Cola and chased it with a case of Mountain Dew. So hopefully this helps the baby stay in. The good thing is....If the baby did come.....it would be ok! I am far enough along. So that makes me feel a lot better! Guess the baby feels that the living quarters I have given it aren't quite adequate! LOL I have a Dr.'s Appointment Monday so.....
TO BE CONTINUED......I am sure :P
No comments:
Post a Comment